Monday 6 January 2014

Track of the Day: Small Houses - I Saw Santa Fe


Whenever people question why a music blogger does what they do (essentially give up a lot of their free time to promote other people's work, for no financial reward) - I explain that the reward is in the music.

Admittedly this sometimes feels a long way off, but then a song like this comes out of nowhere and just knocks you off your feet.....

'I Saw Santa Fe' is a truly stunning track taken off Small Houses upcoming album Exactly Where You Wanted To Be; out February 26th on Yer Bird Records.

The 8-track record is the creation of Michigan native Jeremy Quentin and shows this hugely talented and understated songwriter's indie-folk craft. On 'I Saw Santa Fe' his delicate and wounded vocals sit above a bed of simple isolated piano, building to emotional climaxes before gently subsiding. It's nostalgia drenched, but timeless...

If you listen to nothing else on my blog, make it this.




No comments:

Post a Comment