Sunday 24 November 2013

Track of the Day: Mononoke - Alice

I've been crazily busy of late and haven't posted anywhere near as much as I'd like. You know what I put it down to? Life admin...... never-ending life admin... Regardless of that, the amount of incredible music which I've had the pleasure of listening to recently hasn't diminished; so here is one which has been blowing my mind for the past few days.

British singer/songwriter, Mononoke is a mysterious musician with very little online presence; however, in 'Alice' she's created something incredibly special. Her intelligent lyrics and quirky, off-beat pop reminds me of contemporaries such as Tori Amos, alongside the current pop-R&B sensibilities of Lana Del Ray and London Grammar.

With a debut EP out next year she's definitely one to keep an eye on in 2014. If she's able to write music of this quality, this won't be the last we hear from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment