Monday 22 April 2013

Track of the Day: Frank Turner - The Way I Tend To Be

Today is a very exciting day for me, it's album release day for my favourite artist, Frank Turner. Whether not you like this specific artist, I'm sure you can echo the excitment in the sentiment of favourite artist release day.

The album entitled Tape Deck Heart is the 31-year old, Bahrain-born singer-songwriter's fifth record to date, and has been summarised by the man himself as 'somewhat of a breakup album'. Based upon what we've heard so far from this record, we can expect the same honest and direct lyrical style, but perhaps a greater level of maturity and self-reflection with this being his first record in nearly two years. Lead single 'Recovery' has been receiving widespread airplay in the UK, and is a song detailing Turner's reflection upon his increasing dependence on his vices and his struggle to maintain a grounded lifestyle.

My choice for TOTD for today is 'The Way I Tend To Be'. This deeply honest song details the breakdown of a relationship, and his partner's infidelity. As well as this, it's also the title for the mini-documentary on Turner's career to date which aired earlier this month; watch it here.

'You stood apart in my calloused heart, and you taught me and here's what I learnt: that love is about the changes you make and not just three small words.'

No comments:

Post a Comment