Monday 15 April 2013

Track of the Day: The Belle Game - River


Today's Track of the Day is courtest of Vancouver five-piece, The Belle Game. The orchestral, chamber pop sounds of their previous EP's have subsidded on this track, in favor of a darker, grungier, indie vibe; reminiscent of Yeah Yeah Yeahs or PJ Harvey.

Having toured with The Zolas and Hey Ocean late last year, the band increased their already fast-growing fan base with a well received slot at everyone's favourite musical supernova, South By Southwest. Having signed to Boompa Records (Woodpigeon, The Salteens) in 2012, the band planned to release their debut record late that year, however, this was delayed to allow time for a partnership with indie powerhouse Bella Union, who would be jointly releasing the album internationally.

The Belle Game's debut album 'Ritual Tradition Habit' will be out tomorrow (April 16th). Listen to the fantastic lead single 'River' below.




'There's a place that I've found,
Full of sins that you've drowned,
I've been your river,
I've been your river since we were kids
There's a rhyme and a case,
For the things you've misplaced
I've been a giver,
I've been a giver since we were kids
Take a little more,
Take a little more, take a little more from me
Do you feel me at your side?
I've been filled with all you've denied,
Even a sliver of your cry,
Could make a river against my pride,
Take a little more,
Take a little more, take a little more from me'

No comments:

Post a Comment